Explore and discover the beauty of Tallinn at your own pace with our bike rentals!
Discover Tallinn at the best speed possible – cycling speed.
Lahemaa National Park Tour
Explore the majestic National Park in Estonia!
This 4-days tour brings you to the Palmse, Sagadi and Vihula Manors, Hara submarine base, Karepa beach, Toolse Castle Ruins and Rakvere. On top of that scenic coastline and stunning views.
You can start this tour from Tallinn from Sunday to Wednesday. Because of the accommodation situation you can not start this tour from Tallinn on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
There are many different routes to take in Lahemaa. Let us know how many days you have and how much you would like to cycle per day and we will make an itinerary for you. This tour can be modified to 2. or 3. days or longer than 5 days. Send an email and ask for more information: [email protected]
Day 1: Bike ride to Valkla. Distance: 45 km / 27 miles
- Cycling out of Tallinn until the town of Maardu is on a bicycle road. Tallinn Botanic Garden and TV tower are on your way out of Tallinn. Road then takes you to small town Maardu and continues around old Ülgase Phosphorite Mines to Jõelähtme. Estonia’s most powerful waterfall in Jägala is on your way. Stay in Valkla in a guesthouse next to the beach.
Day 2. Bike ride to Palmse. Distance: 55 km / 34.3 miles
- Day 2 the route will turn to Jumina peninsula. Twisty road goes through the peninsula to a former military case, now known as the Hara submarine base. If you are keen of doing more on Day 2, take a a small detour and hike to to the third largest boulder in Estonia – Majakivi (House Stone). From Hara you will continue to Loksa and then to Palmse. Stay in Palmse in guesthouse. An extra day is recommended in Palmse to visit Käsmu and Altja villages.
Day 3: Bike ride to Rakvere. Distance: 67 km / 41 miles
- Route to Rakvere has a lot to see. Sagadi Manor and Estonia Forestry Museum and Vihula Manor are on your way. After Vihula, the route turns to the seaside and that is one of the most beautiful routes to ride. Sagritsa Museum in Karepa is worth visiting and the break on Karepa beach is the must. Just a short loop away are Toolse Castle ruins – castle located closest to the sea. The twisty road to Haljala is just a pure pleasure to cycle. Rakvere is your final destination on that day. Castle Ruins are worth visiting here. Stay in a Spa Hotel.
Day 4: Train to Tallinn
- Take a train back to Tallinn. It just takes 1h and 15min.
- Accommodation 3 nights in double/twin room
- 3 breakfast
- Unlimited use of waterpark, saunacenter and gym in the hotel in Rakvere
- Tickets to Palmse Manor Complex
- Daily maps (paper copy or electronic track)
- Detailed route description
- All taxes
Extras (not included):
- Trekking bike rent for 4 days 55 EUR per bike
- Electric bike (pedelec) rent for 4 days is 105 EUR per bike
- Single supplement +100 EUR. Tour price for single person is 436EUR
- Rent of Ortlieb waterproof pannier bags 12 EUR per pair
- Rent of Ortlieb waterproof handlebar bag 6 EUR per bag
- Train ticket Rakvere-Tallinn is 6.60-8.20 EUR per person depending on departure time. Bike cost is half of the passanger’s ticket 3.30-4.10 EUR per bike